Otago Girls' High School was the first state secondary school for girls in the Southern Hemisphere. We are proud of the young women of Dunedin who have achieved personal excellence since Otago Girls' was founded in 1870.
An unequalled tradition of success in educating girls has seen Otago GIrls' graduates become New Zealand's first women doctors, lawyers and judges; win Olympic and Commonwealth games medal, and gain international recognition in cuisine, music and the arts.
The following are a few of our amazing student achievements over the past year.
- Rose Stevenson was selected as a member of the New Zealand Secondary Schools' Symphony Orchestra.
- Lucy Matehaere was selected to travel to Bulgaria to compete at the ICF Canoe Sprint Junior World Championships.
- Ashleigh Allum spent three weeks representing Otago Girls’ High School as a participant in the 2018 Confucius Institute cultural camp in Wuhan, Beijing and Shanghai.
- Anna Dawes won an ICAS English medal for being first in New Zealand in this examination.
- Hayley Dick was selected to travel to New York and Europe with 'United Nations Youth New Zealand'
- Emily Atkinson was the Army Cadet of the Year.
- Erin Ford was accepted for the International Youth Science Forum in London.
- Madison Campbell was Captain of the Under 18 New Zealand Youth Women's Volleyball team.
- Sarah de Vries and Rose Stevenson were second in the South Island Chamber Music Competition.
- Ashley Dickinson was selected for the Under 18 New Zealand Ice Hockey team.
- Tuihana Taiaroa-Smithies was selectded for the Shakespeare Glove Centre New Zealand Young Shakespeare Company to travel to London.
- Alexandra Martin was the winner of the Rour Way Rotary Speech Competition.
- Katie Gotlieb was place second in the National Secondary Schools' Poetry competition.
- Hannah Matehaere was a member of the Under 16 New Zealand Basketball team.
- Jade Middleditch was selected for the New Zealand Secondary Schools' Football team.
- Jenna Thorne was selected for the overall National Super Seven Team at the National Secondary Schools' Volleyball tournament.
Prize list 2017
0.25mb PDF file