Application and Enrolment Procedure
Otago Girls’ High School welcomes enrolments at any time throughout the school year. Students can enrol from Year 9 through to Year 13.
APPLICATION AND ENROLMENT PROCEDURE
If you are interested in enrolling at Otago Girls’ High School, please read the Academic and General Information for International Students and complete the International Student Application form including Contract of Enrolment.
With the application please enclose:
- A certified copy in English of your most recent school report.
- Results of any public examinations you have recently completed.
- A hand written letter about yourself, your family and why you would like to come to New Zealand.
If your application is successful, you will be sent an Offer of Place and an invoice.
Transfer the fees as invoiced to the school bank account and notify the School when this has been done. Once the funds have been received, you will be sent a receipt. The Offer of Place and the receipt for payment need to be submitted as part of a student visa application.
Otago Girls’ High School is a participant in the Pathway Student Visa Scheme. Students who meet the criteria may be able to obtain a student visa for the full length of their enrolment (if enrolling for more than one year, up to five years in total).
Contact Immigration New Zealand or an approved education agent in your home country to receive advice regarding the procedure required to obtain a student visa.
Otago Girls’ High School offers high quality host family accommodation. Please make application for a homestay family at the same time as you make an academic application for study. Here is the International Homestay Accommodation Agreement.
If you are staying with a designated caregiver, please advise the School and we will provide a separate agreement form for this purpose.
TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
All international students require medical and travel insurance to cover the entire length of their study period in New Zealand. This is a legal requirement set out by New Zealand Government’s Code of Practice.
If you want to use a different insurance provider, you need to give the School a copy of the policy in English so that the school can check that this meets the requirements of the Code of Practice.
PRE - ARRIVAL
Before making your final flight arrangements, please contact the school regarding the term start and finish dates. Once your flights are booked, please confirm your travel arrangements to the International Department at least two weeks before you arrive in Dunedin. We will arrange to meet you at the airport and introduce you to your home stay family.
Please read the Handbook for new International Students.
Please note the following important aspects from the handbook:
- Otago Girls’ is a Google school. Please bring your laptop/device to use in your classes.
- You should bring a scientific calculator.
- It may be cheaper/advisable for you to bring black school shoes with you. Black leather lace up shoes are compulsory.
- Dental treatment is expensive in NZ. If it has been a while since your last dental check, we strongly recommend that you have one before you come.
- If you haven’t had an eye check for a while, this would best be done before you come.
If you require further information, please contact:
Otago Girls' High School
41 Tennyson Street
Phone: +64 3 474 0496
Fax: +64 3 474 1668