At Otago Girls' High School students are encouraged to take pride in their appearance.
- The wearing of correct school uniform is required.
- Cosmetics and jewellery are not allowed, except for one plain stud in each ear.
- All clothing must be clearly named.
- At Otago Girls' High School the black leather laced shoes and navy blazer are worn with both summer and winter uniform.
(Compulsory for all students Term 1 & Term 4)
- Navy skirt with box pleat and blue overblouse, as supplied by H & J Smith
- White sockets
- Navy blazer
(For all students Term 2 & Term 3)
- Green Douglas kilt
- Navy blazer
- White pointed collar blouse (long sleeved, deep collar)
- Junior tie - plain navy
- Senior tie - navy and white striped
- Navy V-neck jersey/vest
- Navy pantyhose
- A plain navy coat to wear over the blazer on wets days is an option
- Scarf - Green Douglas tartan (available from school)
Regulation School Bag
Please purchase the navy and black Mercury-Bay School Bag (RP108). H & J Smith hold a stock of these.
Official PE top and shorts with appropriate sports shoes and socks. The PE top and shorts are available from NZ Uniforms.
Girls playing sport for the school will be informed which team uniform they will need
A cycle helmet is required by any girl cycling to school
The school operates a second-hand uniform shop where good quality second-hand uniforms may be bought and sold. The uniform of Otago Girls' High School may be purchased from our major stockists: H & J Smith and NZ Uniforms.