At Otago Girls' High School students are encouraged to take pride in their appearance.
- The wearing of correct school uniform is required.
- Cosmetics and jewellery are not allowed, except for one plain stud in each ear.
- All clothing must be clearly named.
- At Otago Girls' High School the black leather laced shoes and navy blazer are worn with both summer and winter uniform.
(Compulsory for all students Term 1 & Term 4)
- Navy skirt with box pleat and blue overblouse, as supplied by NZ Uniforms in Moray Place and also The Uniform Shop in Filleul Street.
- White sockets
- Navy blazer
- Navy regulation trousers instead of the skirt are optional.
(For all students Term 2 & Term 3)
- Green Douglas kilt
- Navy blazer
- White pointed collar blouse (long sleeved, deep collar)
- Junior tie - plain navy
- Senior tie - navy and white striped
- Navy V-neck jersey/vest
- Navy pantyhose
- A plain navy coat to wear over the blazer on wets days is an option
- Scarf - Green Douglas tartan (available from school)
- Navy regulation trousers may be be worn instead of the kilt, but all students must still have a kilt which will be required to be worn on formal occasions when requested.
Regulation School Bag
Please purchase the navy and black Mercury-Bay School Bag (RP108). NZ Uniforms in Moray Place and also The Uniform Shop in Filleul Street hold a stock of these.
Official PE top and shorts with appropriate sports shoes and socks. The PE top and shorts are available from NZ Uniforms.
Girls playing sport for the school will be informed which team uniform they will need
A cycle helmet is required by any girl cycling to school
The school operates a second-hand uniform shop where good quality second-hand uniforms may be bought. The uniform of Otago Girls' High School may be purchased from our major stockists: NZ Uniforms in Moray Place and also The Uniform Shop in Filleul Street.